Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone
We all believe in the American Dream, and its on-going importance to the uniquely American character, economy, and spirit. To ask why it is important to study the American Dream is to ask why America, itself, is important. The American Dream defines our aspirations; it is these aspirations and their connected values that distinguish us in the world.
The Center’s mission is to study the history of the American Dream, to examine and report on the present state and future trends.
The Center for the Study of the American Dream at Xavier University generates significant original research and survey data, and serves as a pre-eminent academic information clearinghouse on the American Dream. The Center engages in dialogue both in the classroom and in the community.
Today I spoke with Dr. Gregory Smith, PhD, Associate Professor, Management Information Systems, Williams College of Business, Xavier University.
1. How have you defined it and What is the American Dream Composite Index (ADCI)?
2. Why was it created?
3. How is it measured?
4. Why should we measure it?
5. What kinds of questions are on the survey?
6. What does the ADCI value represent?
7. What is its current value and is it good or bad?
8. Will we ever fully reach the American Dream (100%)?
9. How are businesses using the ADCI?
10. What other ways can businesses use the ADCI?
11. What are the long term prospects for the American Dream and the ADCI?
12. What other information is available from the ADCI?
13. How can business, organizations, etc. subscribe to this data?
You can find out more about the American Dream Composite Index at: www.AmericanDreamCompositeIndex.com
This program was brought to you by:
Embed this episode on your site
The International Economic Development Council (IEDC) is a non-profit membership organization dedicated to helping economic developers do their job more effectively and raising the profile of the profession.
When we succeed, our members create more high-quality jobs, develop more vibrant communities, and generally improve the quality of life in their regions.
Ideas, Information and Inspiration to anyone working in or considering a Consulting career.
Based on Lew Sauder's book
Insight into the life of a consultant, how to get into the profession and how to be successful.